This is quite popular among Chinese, we called this ???/???.?Roselle is also known as?Hibiscus Sabdariffa, is a species of Hibiscus.?
We, Veganlogy always promote the way of vegan by showing you natural health benefits of food, especially Medicinal and Edible foods. ?And, Roselle is one of them.
You?have probably?heard of Roselle?as a flavour of jam or tea. Roselle tea is traditionally used to reduce cholesterol.
The Red Calyces or Sepals of this plant are used by some countries for food colorings, for flowers, for syrups, for jams, or for many different kinds of drinks. And the green leaves of Roselle can be used for salads, for curry, for teas, for lotions, for wounds, and for sores.
Besides, its ?Ruby Red? is also use as a natural food coloring and seasoning.
?Tons of Roselle?s Natural Health Benefits
- Roselle - Medicinal and Edible Plant, natural healthy food.
- The plants are rich in?H. Sabdariffa?anthocyanins (HAs), as well as?protocatechuic acid (PCA).
- PCA is a good?antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Some researches showed that PCA can cure?leukemia.
- HAs is a powerful antioxidant, which can significant wipe out free radical.
- HAs is also anti-radiation, act as ?sunscreen?, and helps strengthen blood circulation. Other plants that are rich in anthocyanins are berries, such as blueberry, raspberry, cranberry, bilberry, and so on.
- Reduce cholesterol and?Triglyceride.
- Diuretic ??.
- Antispasmodic (relieve cramps or spasms of the stomach, intestines, and bladder).
- Helps in weight loss.
- High in vitamin C (good for skin and anti-aging).
- In some countries, it is reported to be used as traditional treatment for several diseases such as hypertension, urinary tract?infections, and?inflammatory conditions.
- A recent review stated that specific extracts of?H. sabdariffa?exhibit activities against atherosclerosis, liver disease, cancer, diabetes and other metabolic syndromes.
- Building blood and boosting immune system.
- Good for sore and strained throat, clears up mucous, stops a cough.
- Balance our body?s pH value.
- Improve quality of sleep.
- Regulation of blood pressure.
- Because its diuretic effect, the one who has poor kidney function should be drink appropriately.?
- Because it is rich with organic acids, the one who have stomach acid/gastric acid should avoid/drink less.?
Video from?Singapore?s?actress ? Apple Hong, talks about Roselle Tea?s Benefits
Various of vegan recipes from veganlogy:
Roselle Tea ? Drink hot,by?putting?2-3 red dates, and a few rock sugars.
*It is also a good choice to mix with green tea.
Drink cold ? Roselle Smoothie
Raw Kelp, Jicama Salad with Roselle
Raw Aloe Vera, Passion Fruit and Roselle
Raw Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Roselle